Online Brand Tracking for a leading cancer charity, powered by strat7.ai
Testing key hypotheses and benchmarking performance for a leading UK restaurant brand.
A leading UK cancer charity wanted to complement their survey tracking with online tracking for two purposes:
- To help ‘fill the gaps’ on perceptions around smaller campaigns, which couldn’t all be asked about in the questionnaire design.
- To evaluate the brand against its competitor set and understand what makes it stand out, in the context of those donating / fundraising and those receiving cancer support.
A robust data pipeline to collect mentions around the charity and competitors each month, from various social sources and online forums. This pipeline included a model to identify the context of the conversation. And a visual ‘always on’ online dashboard to help feed continuous insights each survey wave.
The dashboard and data pipeline enabled deep dives including:
- The distinctive language used to describe charity
- Analysing what ‘local’ means to those connected to the charity
- Objective analysis of how the online campaigns were performing
Using strat7.ai, we extracted 40,000 mentions and rapidly created a searchable data dictionary of shows to search through the unstructured text.
Global Head of Consumer Analytics & Insights | Decision Sciences, Diageo